Friday, February 10, 2012

Found Grans Wedding Dress


When we were down south for my Grans Funeral, we were looking through her things and we found her wedding dress! From 57 years ago! Sadly some mice had eaten some of the fabric, as it wasn't in a box..but none the less it was still amazing. The styles have changed so much in 50 years, but this dress was made of the nicest fabric and lace! I can hardly believe she could afford it back then.

My Dad took a picture of me wearing her dress, as we found out from pictures of when she was young, that I am similar in body shape and size to her. Here is the picture Dad took, with a picture of Gran wearing it on her wedding day, in 1955.



Gran and Me (in her wedding dress - 57 years apart)




No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
http://img839.imageshack.us/img839/6580/8q8p.png